Sunday 15 February 2015

Review: The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6) by Richelle Mead

Title: The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6)
Author: Richelle Mead
Published: 10 February 2015
Source: Penguin Teen Australia in return for an honest review
Reviewed: Sapphired Dragon
Rating: *****

My Review:
I just finished reading The Ruby Circle and I can't believe it's all over! No more Sydrian! No more Sydney, No more Adrian or Eddie or Jill or anyone.. I feel like I just want to keep to reading more of their story even if this particular series and come rivetingly to a close.

So after waiting, not so patiently to finally get my hot little hands on this book, I have finished it way to quickly for my liking but am extremely pleased to say that it definitely does not disappoint.

The Ruby circle is a satisfying conclusion to the Bloodlines series. It has all the twists and turns we have come to expect from Richelle Mead and this series and some of these twists and tunrs... WOW! ms Mead also brings back many of the characters we have fallen in love love with during the course of the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series' in one way or another whilst still advancing the main story arc along with the new and compelling subplots.

The story starts a month or or so after the last one left off. Adrian and Sydney are married and living together in a suite in the Moroi court but both though wanting to be together are feeling suffocated by the current by their circumstances and itching to do more in the search for Jill.

I don't think there was anything I didn't like about this novel. I fell in love with the characters all over again and got sucked right back in to the world of the Moroi, Dhampir and human and found myself right along side as the characters laughed and cried and made their way through the story. I also loved the story itself. Between the action and the character interaction and all those wonderful twists and turns, I was hooked until the last page, hardly daring to breathe as I read ferociously to the end to find out what was going to happen.

The book itself is told in alternates points of view from Sydney and Adrian and getting their different points of view their voice and the separate threads their individual stories spun made the entire story much more cohesive and complete.

And as I approached the end, as much as I wanted to find out what would happen, i also wanted to prolong it as much as possible so the series wouldn't be over as I wasn't sure I was ready to leave that world behind.

I loved this final book in the Bloodlines series and it is a fitting end to a series that has become one of my all time favourites.

I give it 5 stars!

Sapphired Dragon xx



About The Book:






The epic conclusion to Richelle Mead's New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series is finally here...

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

After their secret romance is exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series. When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world.


No comments:

Post a Comment