Sunday 15 May 2016

Review: A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J Maas

Title: A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)
Author: Sarah J Maas
Published: 3 May 2016
Source: Bloomsbury Sydney in return for an honest review
Reviewed: Sapphired Dragon
Rating: *****

My Review:

I positively adored this book! I loved book one so I was very hopeful I would like this one too, but even then I was not prepared to love it as much as I did.

The second instalment starts about 3 months after the end of the first book. Feyre, having been utterly broken by the events Under The Mountain is struggling to regain herself and adapt to her new immortal body. She has her beloved Tamlyn but is drowning under the weight of her new life and what it seems to mean for her future.

I loved the way Ms Maas' writing evokes so well the feelings of her characters.  I could  feel Feyre's feelings of suffocation and  unhappiness at how she was dealing with the aftermath of everything and her frustration at Tamlyn and Lucien for not letting her do more.  This made it so much easier to connect with the characters and really feel inside the story.

While at first I was not entirely sure I wanted the story to go in the direction it seemed to be heading, by the end I felt like the story had gone exactly where it needed to and I loved every bit of it. As the story progressed, I lived and breathed it along with the characters and literally could not put it down for the entire novel. Even when I had to put the book down to deal with every day things like work, my head was still in the novel and I couldn't wait to get back to devour it some more.

What I especially love is the way Ms Maas gives her characters room to expand and change as a consequence of their experiences. She does this in such a sensitive yet realistic way that gets you inside the heads of the characters to really understand them better but also in such a way that enriches the story so much more. Her characters are allowed to grow and change as they need to and this makes them so much more vibrant and alive and real.

It is Ms Maas gorgeous writing that really weaves the threads of this tale together in to the masterpiece that it is, and is the glue that hold all these amazing elements of this book together. Rich imagery, layers of story intricately woven, characters that will remain with you even after you put the book down.

This is easily one of the most amazing reads I have experienced all year and I have no hesitation but to give this book 5 stars!

Sapphired Dragon xx



About The Book:

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J Maas





Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment