Tuesday 22 December 2015

WWW Wednesday #18



WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme formerly hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and now revived by Taking on a World of Words.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you will read next?

What are you currently reading?






I am currently reading the Every Breath (Every #1) By Ellie Marney.  I have been trying to read more Aussie YA and have heard good things about this series. Unfortunately I left it to read until the day before it was due back to the library so I had to buy my own copy to continue. I am currently on page 42 and looking to finish it in the next day or so. It's also a goal for a goodreads challenge I am doing which is another good motivation to finish it  :-)


What did you recently finish reading?



 



I managed to read three books this week. 

With Christmas on its way, I decided I wanted to read some Christmas themed romance so I borrow some Christmas anthologies from the library. So far I have managed to read The Gift by Nora Roberts which is a collection of three stories; Home For Christmas, All I want For Christmas and Gabriel's Angel. I enjoyed these especially AllI Want For Christmas which was very cute. The other two anthologies I borrowed seem to be a combination of these three short stories + 1 extra story each which is a little disappointing but I am still looking forward to reading the new stories. 

I was lucky enough to receive Thicker than Water by Brigid Kemmerer, author of the Elementals series, from Allen and Unwin this week and pretty much dove straight into it. I will be posting my review next week but I will tell you that I loved it and read the whole thing in virtually one sitting. :-)

I also read Demon Road by Derek Landy this week.  I actually received this in the goodie bag at BTCYA in November and finally got around to reading it and I was pleasantly surprised.  Again, planning to post the review within the next week or so but definitely enjoyed it more than I expected.

What do you think you will read next??





As mentioned I have two other Christmas anthologies to finish. They are Christmas Angels which has First Impressions and Last Christmas contains This magic moment

I have a review book to read Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley to read. According to the blurb, its about the Bronte siblings and the worlds they wrote about and imagined when they were children and about the power of imagination. It looks like an awesome read and I am looking forward to it.

As it is Christmas in just a matter of days,  I am leaving a blank space in my reading schedule this week as I am hoping to receive a book or two that I just might want to read straight away. Here's hoping! :-P 😛

So what are you reading this week? Are you expecting any good books this Christmas?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment