Tuesday 17 November 2015

WWW Wednesday #17




WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme formerly hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and now revived by Taking on a World of Words.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you will read next?

What are you currently reading?




I am currently reading the Their Fractured Light By Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner, the conclusion to the Starbound trilogy.  I haven't had a lot of reading time this last day or so but am really enjoying this so far and am looking forward to getting stuck into this tonight as I am desperate to know how it is all going to end.


What did you recently finish reading?



 


I had a pretty good reading week, managing three other titles read spanning three different genres. The Eternity Gate by Traci Harding is the second book in The Timekeepers series and this book as expected was awesome! Traci Harding is one of my all time favourite author so I always enjoy her books and really need to read book 3, A W O L ASAP.

Unbreakable is the first book in a YA/paranormal series and was also pretty enjoyable. Think a YA Supernatural. I really liked the idea and am looking to see where it goes. I have made some guesses as to certain parts of this story and am eager to see if I am proved right in the subsequent books. I have the next book Unmarked and hope to read it in the next few weeks.
 
Oceans of Fire is book 3 in the Christine Feehan's Drake Sisters series.  This is a fun Paranormal Romance series of a more adult nature.  I am not a huge Christine Feehan fan and quite dislike the first few books of the Carpathian series (though people have told me it gets better) but I am quite enjoying the Drake sisters series and am looking forward to the remaining books.



What do you think you will read next??



These are the four books that are currently at the top of my TBR.  Two are review books that need to be read ASAP and two are other books I have been eyeing off for a while and are also due back to the library rather soon so would like to read them before I have to return them.
 
Towards the end of last week, I had a wee bit of a book slump, brought on,  I think because I had too many books that I really wanted to read right away.  So getting back to my review reading schedule actually makes life a little easier as I finally get to read some books I have been looking forward to that are due out in the next few weeks.
 
I am really looking forward to reading Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club.  Its described as a Regency adventure starring a stylish and intrepid demon hunter.  I really enjoyed Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate  series and Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices series so I am pretty sure this will be right up my alley.
 
What we saw by Aaron Hatzler is a YA contemporary which I am really looking forward to reading, not only because it makes nice change from all the fantasy/paranormal stuff I have been reading but the description makes it look like it will be a riveting read.
 
Dark Serpent by Kylie Chan is another book I have been wanting to read for a while.  I love her Dark Heavens and Journey to Wudang Series and her characters Emma and Xuan Wu, and this series we start to find out more about Emma and her past/birthright.  This is the first book in a new series Celestial Battle.
 
Lastly, another book that has been on my TBR forever.  Red Pyramid, the first book in the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan.  I love Riordan's Percy Jackson series and the recent Magnus Chase so thought I would give this series a go also :-)

So what are you reading this week?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment