Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too muchaway! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
4. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My current read is Spell Check (Teen Wytche Saga #1) by Ariella Moon and my two lines are from location 682 of 2023:
Miss Gaya clasped her hands together and hunched forward. "Is there anything you would like to talk about?"
Several things flashed through my mind-the love spell,Jordan and Parvani, Dad, Mom, and Miss Ravenwood,getting out of Biology,and again, the love spell.
"No." I said
1. Evie’s best friend Parvani Hyde-Smith plans to cast a binding love spell on Jordan, Evie’s secret crush.
2. Parvani begs Evie to help her cast the spell.
3. Everything goes wrong when Parvani’s harmless-looking Teen Wytche paperback morphs into a brimstone-hissing grimoire.
4. Desperate to stop Parvani, Evie must risk hex hives and even befriend Salem, the school goth.
5. If magic is real, and Evie can’t stop Parvani, then she’ll lose Jordan. The wrongful magic will do more than break Evie’s heart. It will destroy them all.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!