Sunday 9 June 2013

Review: Between The Lives by Jessica Shirvington

Title: Between the Lives
Author: Jessica Shirvington
Published: 1 May 2013 by Harper Collins Australia
Source: Library
Reviewed: Sapphireddragon
SapphiredDragon Rating: *****


Between the Lives
 by Jessica Shirvington


Above all else, though I try not to think about it, I know which life I prefer. And every night when I Cinderella myself from one life to the next a very small, but definite, piece of me dies. The hardest part is that nothing about my situation has ever changed. There is no loophole.

Until now, that is...

For as long as she can remember, Sabine has lived two lives. Every 24 hours she Shifts to her ′other′ life - a life where she is exactly the same, but absolutely everything else is different: different family, different friends, different social expectations. In one life she has a sister, in the other she does not. In one life she′s a straight-A student with the perfect boyfriend, in the other she′s considered a reckless delinquent. Nothing about her situation has ever changed, until the day when she discovers a glitch: the arm she breaks in one life is perfectly fine in the other.

With this new knowledge, Sabine begins a series of increasingly risky experiments which bring her dangerously close to the life she′s always wanted... But just what - and who - is she really risking?

Review: 

I love love loved this book!  Quite surprised at how much I loved this book.  I had heard of this book and heard some good things and loved the Violet Eden series by the same author but didn't really have it on my radar until I saw it on display at my library on Tuesday. Figuring it was worth a look, I borrowed it and two days later I believe I have read the best book of 2013 so far!

For a start, the idea of living each day twice, in two different worlds, as two different people is not an idea I have come across let alone read before so I was immediately intrigued by the idea and eager to see how it all played out.

The story itself is utterly compelling.  I was completely in it from beginning to end and while I saw some aspects of the ending before hand, I was in no way expecting how it all played out, and I glad because I would not want to have missed the impact it made.  

Ms Shirvington's writing evoked all sorts of emotions both happy and sad and tose in between including crying like a baby in parts  and let me tell you, having tears streaming down your face while on the train can earn you extremely weird looks.  

At the end of the day, this book is well written with an original story that is guaranteed  to keep you glued until the last page.  I am so thankful it picked it up at the library this week.

Hands down the best book I have read so far this year!

I give this book 5 stars.

Sapphired Dragon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment